Monday 31 October 2011

Cathartic Cleaning and Halloween Horrors

On Friday I swept the whole house and mopped all the floors (even the concrete ones.... not ideal in hindsight), cleaned the bathroom, threw the rattan rugs over the washing line and beat the living crap out of them.  Had had a very unsuccessful morning; the teacher I was supposed to observe cancelled on me without actually cancelling, just not turning up (for the second time). So needed to feel I was capable of something. On finishing the cleaning I had melted so much I was covered in damp dust and was in need of a shower and a V and T on the roof – I managed to deal with that far more successfully.
Saturday brought about the VSO Halloween Party.  As many of you will know costume parties and dancing are not on my list of ‘love to do’; basically as I am crap at both.  I did however love this one. When there is ‘not a lot to do’ it seems that even the things you wouldn’t normally do you learn to love.  The VSO vols did the solomeas proud and danced the night away to Ghanaian and Western tunes with a face full of black eyeliner and makeshift costumes…. I’m a witch in case you were wondering…
Towards the end of the night....with Ali and Damien

Helen, Ali and me

The two witches.... Rachel and myself

We even managed to make a ‘pumpkin’ using a ‘water melon’… thank goodness I’m volunteering with some very creative people!
The watermelon pumpkin

No comments:

Post a Comment